2012 Souvenir Program BookWritten by GYR on August 29th, 2011
Companions and Sir Knights:
The members of your Grand York Rite Souvenir Program Committee want to thank all our Companions and Sir Knights for their support for our 2011 Grand Convention Souvenir Program Book. It helped cover some of the 2011 Grand York Rite Convention expenses. We come again this year to request your aid and assistance for our 2012 Grand York Rite Souvenir Program Book. We want to achieve the following objectives this year:
1) To increase the ads from the previous years.
2) To increase our financial help to offset a bigger portion of the Grand Convention expenses than before.
In order for us to meet our objectives, we need the help and assistance of all our York Rite Companions and Sir Knights in Florida.
How can you help?
- First – have your York Rite Bodies purchase an ad.
- Second – Have the Companions become boosters and purchase a name line which will be included in the program. Please have them only print their names legibly (no signatures).
- Third – go out and sell, sell, sell. Sell ads to your local Blue Lodges, Appendant Bodies, Masters & Wardens Associations, Masonic brethren that are business owners and local businesses in your area. Target business leaders with whom you may have some influence. We need to go beyond the box to make this a success.
You may download a copy of the Souvenir Program form. Make as many photocopies of the form as necessary. Once you get the ad, with the form filled out, the ad layouts, and payment, send it to the Grand Secretary/Recorder’s Office on or before FEBRUARY 3, 2012. A word of caution, NO AD WILL BE PUBLISHED THAT IS NOT PAID FOR.
Make sure the ad layout, form and payment are included. Donations / contributions are not tax deductible. However, the Donation / Contribution may be deductible as an ordinary business expense. Sponsors are urged to consult with their tax advisor.
(You may download a copy of this letter to read at your York Rite Body meeting.)